Remote Asset Monitoring
Monitor and audit operations of geographically distributed assets
AssetMonitor is a template application created on top of FactorySudio, allowing the easy implementation of custom corporate applications to monitor and audit operations of remote assets.
The Assets page provides an overview of all operations that are being monitored; the various assets states are shown with their respective status color on the map. The Overview is extensible customizable including:
- Use TreeView or Hierarchical ComboBoxes to easily access group of assets by various dynamics categories (as demonstrated on this video).
- DataGrid View for a comprehensive table with assets and status.
- Overlay weather information or other information on the map.
- Layouts, menus and dashboards are completely customizable.
- Selecting asset can open custom Popup operations, drive connects for connected displays, zoom and position map.
Advanced Trend and Annotations view
- Connect with any data-source, SQL, Azure, OSIsoft PI, FactoryStudio gateways, OPC HDA, or custom dotNET or API integrations.
- Role-Based: Different users can access different assets and perform different actions on the system.
- Tag groups, pre-defined selections, user interface commands and layout is customizable.
- Add automatically, or by user action, annotations to an specific asset, to a tag attribute, alarms, or show range events with start and duration.
- Use Annotations events grid to recover assets and charts
- Take screen captures to send by email, or export to CSV for further analysis.
- When selecting new assets, automatically map to the new attributes.
Alarms, events and notification engine
- The Alarm engine provides management of groups, areas, multiple Alarm levels to each tag, various sound and visual alerts, text-to-speech annunciation, automated notifications and logging.
- The Alarm acknowledgement can include operator comments and automatic request for new acknowledgement if the Alarm remains active for a certain time
- The Audit Trail allows automated logging of user actions and limit changes, login and security events, as well Alarm disable/enable, Alarm suspension, data-quality status, network and system events
- Alarm real-time conditions can be calculated by FactoryStudio or received from remote assets or external applications.
- Alarm History can be managed by FactoryStudio or accessed from a third-party historian and alarming tool.
Reports and Dashboards
- The FactoryStudio AssetMonitor can perform the calculation to aggregate downtime statics for assets, or group of assets.
- Online and historical information: select the date/time to access previous system status.
- Graphical drawing tool allows easy creation of custom dashboards.
- The deployment uses a client-server architecture, enabled for fault-tolerance, where the users don’t need any anything pre-installed on their computer, just the browser, or a mobile device, and the necessary security credentials that can use Windows Active-Directory Integration.
- User preferences, key assets, dashboard configurations are saved with the user profile in the server and accessible from any station.
Collect data from multiple locations
Tatsoft provides various solutions to collect data from your remote sites or IoT enabled devices. If you don’t have yet all the required data at your corporate data server, FactoryStudio software, EdgeHMI or IIoT-Gateway can run on the remote assets. The various product options Tatsoft provide, according the size of application, and the requirements of local functionally at the remote asset, allow easy and low-cost deployment of the data acquisition. An application case where FactoryStudio is doing the data acquisition is the Drilling Data Aggregation system that collects information from multiple rigs, while providing local HMI and analytics, and send the data for the central office location.
The following diagram shows the architecture for data collection from multiple sites. The Remote Sites, represented in the bottom, don’t need to have all the components represented in the diagram, they can have only Tatsoft Edge HMI or IIoT gateway, collecting the data using Tatsoft’s embedded database. Tatsoft’s built-in data connectors pack the information for network bandwidth optimization and implementation store-and-forward to ensure data delivery.